Solidify understanding of thermal energy and rate of heat transfer in your middle school science classroom with this comic-style science cartoon and follow-up worksheet. Your students will instantly engage in the diagrams and illustrations because comics make reading science FUN!
This pairs well with the Heat Transfer FREEBIE!
All of the information is presented in a science cartoon format. The comic reviews the concept of thermal energy and dives into what affects the rate of heat transfer. Students will examine multiple relatable examples in the comic, and then they will complete a rate of heat transfer worksheet prompting them to apply their understanding of the concepts.
Comic-Style Reading Passage
- Highly visual and engaging content providing an overview of the rate of heat transfer
- Color and B&W
- Print up as a handout, poster, or anchor chart
- A great addition to interactive notebooks
- Gets off the screens and puts reading in their hands
- Fill-in-the-blank style guided notes
- Solidifies understanding and keeps students involved
- Another great addition to interactive notebooks
- A good homework option
- Builds on your learners’ understanding of the concepts
- Encourages students to apply what they have learned
- Engage the more artistic learners in your classroom
- Serves as a great homework option or additional support
- Easy to upload to your virtual classrooms
- Great homework or make-up work option
This energy lesson is designed to align with NGSS standards for both 4th-grade and middle school science.