Transform your science classroom into an electrifying wonderland with our Electricity Doodle Notes Activity. Designed specifically for struggling readers in Grade 4, this engaging, comics-style lesson introduces the fascinating world of static electricity, electric currents, and more!
Say goodbye to boring lectures and hello to a captivated audience. Try a teaching approach that works!
This easy-to-print download covers the basics of electricity and aligns with the Grade 4 NGSS Standards (4-PS3). With the help of relatable illustrations and diagrams, your students will learn about electric currents, static electricity, and electrons. They will reflect on how electricity is used in their own homes and are prompted to try to create static electricity using a balloon.
What’s inside this download?
Fully Colored Content Comic
- A one-page comic illustrating the concepts of electricity
- Easy to print and distribute to your class
- Breaks up the content into manageable chunks making it accessible to a wider range of learners
- Present by projecting on the front board or print up as an anchor chart
- Same comic but in a black-line format
- This makes it super EASY for you to print and pass out
- Fun for students to color as they learn and read
- Doodle Note-style guided notes
- Words are removed allowing students to fill in the blanks
- A great addition to interactive science notebooks
- Also fun to color
Doodle Notes Follow-up Activity
- More than just a worksheet, this guides students through demonstrating their understanding using the engaging comic-style
- Another good addition to interactive notebooks
- Use as homework or a supplemental
What makes Cool School Comics such an impactful learning tool?
- They are FUN!
- This is the most crucial benefit.
- Students are more willing to participate and more engaged.
- The content STICKS.
- Visual learning is EFFECTIVE.
- About 65% of the population consists of visual learners.
- Visual information is processed faster.
- Students who SEE information are more likely to retain it.
- EASY to implement!
- These lesson plans are complete and ready to go, requiring minimal prep time.
- You only need to make copies, upload supplementals to your virtual classrooms, and set up the hands-on activities.
- Lots of flexibility! You can print these as posters, add them to interactive notebooks, hand them out to students, or share them virtually. There is plenty of room for modifications.
- ACTIVE LEARNING
- Every lesson plan has a low-prep, wallet-friendly, hands-on component.
- Instructions are in a visual format
- Follow-up questions or a lab report are always included
- Comics make content ACCESSIBLE
- Naturally differentiated, comics accommodate a wide range of learning abilities and styles.
- Great for classrooms with a diverse population of learners
- They can simultaneously rope in both your gifted and struggling students (and everyone in between).
- Reluctant readers gravitate toward comics.
- Comics help English Language Learners and SPED students find success.
Be the hip teacher seizing the graphic novels craze. Your students will LOVE it!
*Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit www.DoodleNotes.org for more information