Spice up your Grade 3 science lesson with this fun and interactive Climate and Weather Comic & Doodle Notes Activity! This fantastic activity provides a visual learning experience and helps reluctant and struggling readers eagerly engage in the content.
This resource is crafted to align with NGSS standards (3-ESS2) and delivers the concepts using a medium children LOVE and connect with.
Comics make learning FUN and MEMORABLE and Cool School Comics make it EASY for you to harness their power in your own classroom.
Imagine you are about to pack your bags for the North Pole. What are you going to pack? Readers will ponder the same question as they learn about climate. This comic defines the concept and compares it with the weather. With the help of captivating illustrations and relatable examples, students will be able to differentiate between climate and weather.
The guided notes and doodle notes will serve as an impactful supplemental that will solidify your students’ understanding of the concept.
What’s inside the Climate and Weather Comic and Doodle Notes download?
- A one-page comic coving all of the NGSS aspects of climate
- Easy to print and distribute to your entire class
- Project it on the front board or print as an anchor chart poster
- Breaks up lengthy, intimidating paragraphs into digestible chunks
- Both color and black-line versions provided
- The black-line version is FUN to color
- Words are removed transforming this comic into an engaging note-taking tool
- Add to interactive science notebooks
- Keeps your students’ attention while you teach the concept and gets them involved in the lesson
- Add a little art to your lesson
- Designed to serve as a supplemental, these Doodle Notes will help reinforce the lesson
- Assign this as additional help or a homework worksheet
- Another great addition to interactive notebooks
- The guided notes transformed into a digital activity
- Upload directly to your virtual classroom
- Another great homework option
What makes Cool School Comics such an impactful learning tool?
- They are FUN!
- This is the most crucial benefit.
- Students are more willing to participate and more engaged.
- The content STICKS.
- Visual learning is EFFECTIVE.
- About 65% of the population consists of visual learners.
- Visual information is processed faster.
- Students who SEE information are more likely to retain it.
- EASY to implement!
- These lesson plans are complete and ready to go, requiring minimal prep time.
- You only need to make copies, upload supplementals to your virtual classrooms, and set up the hands-on activities.
- Lots of flexibility! You can print these as posters, add them to interactive notebooks, hand them out to students, or share them virtually. There is plenty of room for modifications.
- ACTIVE LEARNING
- Every lesson plan has a low-prep, wallet-friendly, hands-on component.
- Instructions are in a visual format
- Follow-up questions or a lab report are always included
- Comics make content ACCESSIBLE
- Naturally differentiated, comics accommodate a wide range of learning abilities and styles.
- Great for classrooms with a diverse population of learners
- They can simultaneously rope in both your gifted and struggling students (and everyone in between).
- Reluctant readers gravitate toward comics.
- Comics help English Language Learners and SPED students find success.
Be the hip teacher seizing the graphic novels craze. Your students will LOVE it!
*Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit www.DoodleNotes.org for more information