Immerse your 3rd and 4th graders in a jam-packed, visual learning experience with this one-of-a-kind Weather Comic and Doodle Notes Activity. Seamlessly incorporate comics into your science curriculum and encourage even your most reluctant readers to take an active role in learning.
Are you looking for a innovative way to engage your learners?
Do you have a handful of students struggling to read or who have shut down?
Try something cool and IMPACTFUL!
Comics are a powerful learning tool with the power to break down the intimidating appearance of lengthy passages. They grab the attention of a wide range of learners and make learning FUN and EASY.
Introduce the concept of weather with enticing visuals and vivid illustrations. Designed to align with NGSS 3-ESS2-1 (ESS2.D), this resource gives an overview of what weather is and the six variables meteorologists use to predict the weather.
What Do You Get?
- Science content in a one-page, infographic-style comic
- Divides the concept into digestible chunks
- Both color and black-and-white
- Serves as a great printable or anchor chart
- Guided Notes style doodle notes
- Great for interactive notebooks
- Fun to color after the note-taking process
- Students are prompted to draw examples of the six weather variables
- Could be used as a homework assignment or additional support
- The Doodle Notes in an Easel format
- Upload directly to your virtual classroom
What makes Cool School Comics such an impactful learning tool?
- They are FUN!
- This is the most crucial benefit.
- Students are more willing to participate and more engaged.
- The content STICKS.
- Visual learning is EFFECTIVE.
- About 65% of the population consists of visual learners.
- Visual information is processed faster.
- Students who SEE information are more likely to retain it.
- EASY to implement!
- These lesson plans are complete and ready to go, requiring minimal prep time.
- You only need to make copies, upload supplementals to your virtual classrooms, and set up the hands-on activities.
- Lots of flexibility! You can print these as posters, add them to interactive notebooks, hand them out to students, or share them virtually. There is plenty of room for modifications.
- ACTIVE LEARNING
- Every lesson plan has a low-prep, wallet-friendly, hands-on component.
- Instructions are in a visual format
- Follow-up questions or a lab report are always included
- Comics make content ACCESSIBLE
- Naturally differentiated, comics accommodate a wide range of learning abilities and styles.
- Great for classrooms with a diverse population of learners
- They can simultaneously rope in both your gifted and struggling students (and everyone in between).
- Reluctant readers gravitate toward comics.
- Comics help English Language Learners and SPED students find success.
Be the hip teacher seizing the graphic novels craze. Your students will LOVE it!
*Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit www.doodlenotes.org for more information