Revamp your water cycle lesson with this comic-style activity. By presenting the content in a visual format, this product makes learning fun and memorable.
There is a reason why graphic novels are flying off the shelves and why a lot of students shut down when they see lengthy paragraphs.
Children want information delivered in compact and highly visual formats.
Comics will help you reach today’s learners.
What do you get? (This is more than just a comic.)
The One-Page Comic
- Aligned with NGSS standards (MS-ESS2-4)
- Information is presented in manageable chunks with lots of visuals
- Print as a handout or anchor chart poster
- Both color and B&W provided
- Guided notes style
- A great addition to interactive science notebooks
- Easy to print and fun to color
- Students can follow along while you teach
Water Cycle Diagram
- Full landscape diagram of the water cycle
- Students fill in the blanks (condensation, evaporation, precipitation, transpiration, run-off, groundwater)
- Another great addition to interactive science notebooks
“You Draw It!” Water Cycle Activity
- Students draw their own diagram of the water cycle
- “If you want students to remember something, ask them to draw it.” Youki Terada
- Turn it into a project and have students create a poster!
- The Doodle Notes and the diagram in an Easel format
- Easy to upload to your virtual classroom
Discover the water cycle with this colorful and engaging comic! This comic begins with dinosaurs and points out the idea that water molecules have been circulating for eons. It then dives into the topic and presents a vivid representation of the water cycle. Each aspect of the water cycle is illustrated and labeled. Students will examine evaporation, condensation, precipitation, transpiration, run-off, and groundwater. The comic also touches on the fact that the water cycle is also known as the hydrologic cycle.
What makes Cool School Comics such an impactful learning tool?
- They are FUN!
- This is the most crucial benefit.
- Students are more willing to participate and more engaged.
- The content STICKS.
- Visual learning is EFFECTIVE.
- About 65% of the population consists of visual learners.
- Visual information is processed faster.
- Students who SEE information are more likely to retain it.
- EASY to implement!
- These lesson plans are complete and ready to go, requiring minimal prep time.
- You only need to make copies, upload supplementals to your virtual classrooms, and set up the hands-on activities.
- Lots of flexibility! You can print these as posters, add them to interactive notebooks, hand them out to students, or share them virtually. There is plenty of room for modifications.
- ACTIVE LEARNING
- Every lesson plan has a low-prep, wallet-friendly, hands-on component.
- Instructions are in a visual format
- Follow-up questions or a lab report are always included
- Comics make content ACCESSIBLE
- Naturally differentiated, comics accommodate a wide range of learning abilities and styles.
- Great for classrooms with a diverse population of learners
- They can simultaneously rope in both your gifted and struggling students (and everyone in between).
- Reluctant readers gravitate toward comics.
- Comics help English Language Learners and SPED students find success.
Be the hip teacher seizing the graphic novels craze. Your students will LOVE it!
*Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit www.DoodleNotes.org for more information