These environmental science comics are designed to raise awareness, encourage sustainability, and inspire readers to be environmental stewards. Using comic-style science cartoons to teach environmental topics will help readers better understand the issues we are facing on our planet.
We are all citizens of this planet, and we all need to be doing our part to help preserve its beauty and diversity for the generations that follow us.
Each comic touches on a specific environmental science topic and offers simple suggestions to help. Everyone has the power to make a difference on this planet.
What makes Cool School Comics such an impactful learning tool?
They make environmental science FUN!
- This is the most crucial benefits
- Students are more willing to participate and more engaged.
- The content STICKS.
Visual learning is EFFECTIVE.
- About 65% of the population consists of visual learners.
- Visual information is processed faster.
- Students who SEE information are more likely to retain it.
EASY to implement!
- These environmental science lesson plans are complete and ready to go, requiring minimal prep time.
- You only need to make copies, upload supplementals to your virtual classrooms, and set up the hands-on activities.
- Lots of flexibility! You can print these as posters, add them to interactive notebooks, hand them out to students, or share them virtually. There is plenty of room for modifications.
Comics make content ACCESSIBLE
- Naturally differentiated, these environmental science cartoons accommodate a wide range of learning abilities and styles.
- Great for classrooms with a diverse population of learners
- They can simultaneously rope in both your gifted and struggling students (and everyone in between).
- Reluctant readers gravitate toward comics.
- Comics help English Language Learners and SPED students find success.