Explore the wonders of life science with these comic-style science cartoons, hands-on activities, projects, and lesson plans. Aligning with the Next Generation Science Standards, these comics are geared towards upper elementary and middle school grade levels (grades 3-9) and will make teaching science EASY whether you are at home or school.
Discover topics such as food webs, cells, ecosystems, diversity, and symbiotic relationships! Every life science cartoon is delivered in a comic style making them inviting and accessible to a wide range of learners. If you are struggling to find unique ways to reach some of your most challenging learners, these comic-style science cartoons are the perfect solution.
What makes Cool School Comics such an impactful learning tool?
They are FUN!
- This is the most crucial benefits
- Students are more willing to participate and more engaged.
- The content STICKS.
Visual learning is EFFECTIVE.
- About 65% of the population consists of visual learners.
- Visual information is processed faster.
- Students who SEE information are more likely to retain it.
EASY to implement!
- These life science lesson plans are complete and ready to go, requiring minimal prep time.
- You only need to make copies, upload supplementals to your virtual classrooms, and set up the hands-on activities.
- Lots of flexibility! You can print these as posters, add them to interactive notebooks, hand them out to students, or share them virtually. There is plenty of room for modifications.
Science Comics make content ACCESSIBLE
- Naturally differentiated, life science comics accommodate a wide range of learning abilities and styles.
- Great for classrooms with a diverse population of learners
- They can simultaneously rope in both your gifted and struggling students (and everyone in between).
- Reluctant readers gravitate toward comic-style science cartoons.
- Comics help English Language Learners and SPED students find success.