Discover the captivating world of ecosystems with our Parts of an Ecosystem: Consumers Doodle Notes Activity. This engaging science comic serves as a great 5th-grade anchor chart and transforms complex science concepts into accessible visual learning tools.
Ideal for ESL learners, struggling readers, and students with dyslexia, these comics ignite a passion for learning and make science accessible to all.
Comics empower your child’s education and make science fun. Teach science with comics, and engage your learners in reading content!
Examine the part of the ecosystem that needs to eat- consumers. This package includes content in comic form, two forms of doodle notes, an Easel activity, a bonus project, differentiated rubrics, and an answer key.
Discover why we have a mouth in this colorful illustration of consumers. This comic illustrates the concept and introduces a few of the different types of consumers in our environment.
This Consumers Doodle Notes Activity download includes-
A Fully Colored Comic–
- Content in comic form
- Perfect for displaying on the front board or printing as a poster.
- These comics make wonderful anchor charts!
A Black and White Version–
- Easy to duplicate and distribute
- Fun to color
- Two versions available
- Guided Notes- Students can fill in the blanks as they learn the content
- Traditional Doodle Notes- Students get to draw a lot of the information
- Can be used as a guided reading
- Great for interactive science journals
An Easel Activity
- Guided notes in an Easel format
- Digital and easy to transfer to your virtual classrooms.
- Students create their own consumers comic
- A blank template is provided
- Two different rubrics have been provided- one slightly more advanced than the other
- Designed to make grading easy
Answer Key for the guided notes
Grab a FREE Comic While You’re Here!
What makes Cool School Comics such an impactful learning tool?
- They are FUN!
- This is the most crucial benefit.
- Students are more willing to participate and more engaged.
- The content STICKS.
- Visual learning is EFFECTIVE.
- About 65% of the population consists of visual learners.
- Visual information is processed faster.
- Students who SEE information are more likely to retain it.
- EASY to implement!
- These lesson plans are complete and ready to go, requiring minimal prep time.
- You only need to make copies, upload supplementals to your virtual classrooms, and set up the hands-on activities.
- Lots of flexibility! You can print these as posters, add them to interactive notebooks, hand them out to students, or share them virtually. There is plenty of room for modifications.
- ACTIVE LEARNING
- Every lesson plan has a low-prep, wallet-friendly, hands-on component.
- Instructions are in a visual format
- Follow-up questions or a lab report are always included
- Comics make content ACCESSIBLE
- Naturally differentiated, comics accommodate a wide range of learning abilities and styles.
- Great for classrooms with a diverse population of learners
- They can simultaneously rope in both your gifted and struggling students (and everyone in between).
- Reluctant readers gravitate toward comics.
- Comics help English Language Learners and SPED students find success.
Be the hip teacher seizing the graphic novels craze. Your students will LOVE it!
*Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit www.DoodleNotes.org for more information