Unleash the wonders of nature and science in your elementary science classroom with this comic-style Animal Adaptations Reading Passage and Follow-up Activity. Expertly crafted to align with NGSS standards, this engaging science cartoon uses visual learning to help improve comprehension and engagement.
Get students off their screens and put reading back in their hands!
When information is presented in a cartoon format, it is instantly engaging and makes reading the passage fun! Comics appeal to struggling readers because the information is approachable and easier to decode.
This is your secret weapon for improving retention and participation.
Your students will read about a polar bear on his journey through different climates to discover which climates best suit his adaptations! Students will examine a variety of different animals and discuss how their adaptations help them survive.
This download comes with guided reading-style doodle notes and a follow-up activity that can double as a mini-research project. Your learners will be fully immersed in the content.
What do you get?
Comic-Style Reading Passage-
- Highly visual and engaging comic delivering the information in a manner that will not bore them.
- Both color and black-and-white versions
- Print as a poster and use as an anchor chart
- Easy to print and hand out
- Guided notes style Doodle Notes
- Students can fill in the blanks as you teach
- Doubles as a guided reading
- Helps you assess reading comprehension
- Great for interactive science notebooks
- Students select animals from the comic and analyze their adaptations
- Two versions available making it easy to differentiate
- Turn it into a mini-research project by inviting them to use their computers to research each animal
- Another great addition to interactive notebooks
- The Doodle Notes and the Follow-up Activity in a digital format
- Easy to upload to your virtual classrooms
Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit www.Doodlenotes.org for more information.