Witness the gravity science cartoons in your elementary classroom with this comic-style magnetism reading passage, Doodle Notes, and follow-up worksheet. Your learners will ENGAGE in READING SCIENCE because the cartoon format makes content accessible and FUN!
Presenting information using science cartoons improves retention and makes the reading passage approachable. Struggling readers can decode tricky concepts with the help of images and relatable scenarios. Comics make reading science FUN!
Crafted to align with 3rd-grade NGSS standards, your elementary students will learn about multiple aspects of magnetism by relating the concept to magnet tile toys. Students will learn the definition of magnetism, north and south poles, magnetic fields, and more.
Ask students to bring in their magnet tile toys from home and follow along with the comic to get a hands-on, real-world experience while they read.
Comic-Style Reading Passage
- Highly visual and engaging content providing an overview of the rate of heat transfer
- Color and B&W
- Print up as a handout, poster, or anchor chart
- A great addition to interactive notebooks
- Gets off the screens and puts reading in their hands
- Fill-in-the-blank style guided notes
- Solidifies understanding and keeps students involved
- Another great addition to interactive notebooks
- A good homework option
Rate of Heat Transfer Worksheet
- Builds on your learners’ understanding of the concepts
- Encourages students to apply what they have learned
- Engage the more artistic learners in your classroom
- Serves as a great homework option or additional support
*Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit www.DoodleNotes.org for more information