Unlock the power of visual learning with this engaging comic-style fossil reading activity. Use this as a supplemental activity for struggling readers, print it up as an anchor chart, or add it to your students’ interactive notebooks.
Improve science literacy and rope in your reluctant readers with these vivid illustrations.
Are your students bored with traditional content?
Do you have a lot of struggling readers in your classroom missing valuable information?
Engage all of your learners with comics! Children LOVE cartoons. Ignite your students’ excitement for reading.
What happens to an organism when it dies and it is unable to decay? It may become a fossil! In this comic, readers will get an . They will learn about the , where they come from, and .
What Do You Get?
Vivid Color Content
- Fully illustrated content
- This hits on the definition, types of fossils, and use of evidence
- Great anchor chart, printable, or poster
- The black-and-white version of the content
- Easy to print and distribute
- Fun to color
- Add to interactive notebooks
- Guided notes in a doodle note format
- Perfect supplemental to keep them engaged
- Another great addition to interactive notebooks
- Doodle notes in a virtual format
- Easy to upload to your virtual classroom
- Great homework option
What makes Cool School Comics such an impactful learning tool?
- They are FUN!
- This is the most crucial benefit.
- Students are more willing to participate and more engaged.
- The content STICKS.
- Visual learning is EFFECTIVE.
- About 65% of the population consists of visual learners.
- Visual information is processed faster.
- Students who SEE information are more likely to retain it.
- EASY to implement!
- These lesson plans are complete and ready to go, requiring minimal prep time.
- You only need to make copies, upload supplementals to your virtual classrooms, and set up the hands-on activities.
- Lots of flexibility! You can print these as posters, add them to interactive notebooks, hand them out to students, or share them virtually. There is plenty of room for modifications.
- Comics make content ACCESSIBLE
- Naturally differentiated, comics accommodate a wide range of learning abilities and styles.
- Great for classrooms with a diverse population of learners
- They can simultaneously rope in both your gifted and struggling students (and everyone in between).
- Reluctant readers gravitate toward comics.
- Comics help English Language Learners and SPED students find success.
Capture the power of comics and visual learning in your classroom and witness the impact this learning tool can have!
Fossil Fuels Comic and Doodle Notes
*Doodle Notes is a trademarked term used with permission. Please visit www.Doodlenotes.org for more information.